We are always in need of Substitutes who are energetic, positive, patient, loving, responsible and reliable to assist with all functions of the child care program. Substitutes work in all classrooms – our Infant/Toddler room, the 2s room and the Preschool working with ages 3-5. A Substitute will ideally have a degree in Early Childhood Education or Child Development (or is currently pursuing a degree in either field), have at least one year of experience in a daycare center, and have a genuine love of children. Following are a few examples of the kind of care the Substitute will provide:
- Guide the behaviors of the children and help them to treat their friends and toys/materials with respect
- Write details of the day on daily reports
- Communicate with parents at drop-off and/or at the end of the day
- Utilize redirection and positive discipline
- Diaper children followed by cleaning and sanitizing and/or assist with toilet-trained children
- Lead activities
- Supervise outdoor play
- Serve meals and clean-up afterwards
- Clean and sanitize high-chairs/tables/chairs
- Sanitize cots, toys and other daycare equipment and assist with end of day clean-up duties
- Other duties as required
The hours vary and can be anytime between 7:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Competitive hourly rate provided based on education and experience.
Physical requirements include an ability to lift and carry young children, the ability to get down on the floor and up again quickly and easily and the general ability to perform the duties listed above. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Punctuality and reliability are of the utmost importance. Excessive lateness or absences will result in termination.
Please submit your resume with three references and minimum hourly rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received without accompanying information will not be considered. To be hired you will need to be at least 18 years old with a high school diploma, pass a background screening, physical and TB test. You may be required to take a surprise drug screening periodically. You will be required to complete 12 hours of trainings throughout the year, which will be paid for by Creative Nursery and Preschool.
Creative Nursery and Preschool is an Equal Opportunity Employer.